Thursday, June 17, 2010

Get Well / Gone Fishin

Hello again,

So this is my first attempt at a masculine card. What do you think? Honestly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. As you can tell for the most part my style is cute and girly, but I do have to restrain myself sometimes when I do my nephew's pages. Although I have been known to put a flower or two on their pages ;o). So now to the card...

The base if from Papertrey Ink in brown. The pattern paper is from DCWV stack called The Guy Stack a must have if you need a masculine card every now and then. I cut the cute sign from the Everyday Paperdolls cartridge and used my markers to bring out the cut lines. I then hand wrote "Gone Fishin". I don't normally use my handwriting on a card or scrapbook page because I think I have terrible handwriting, but I thought the sign needed something. Now that I look at it I don't think my handwriting is that bad...right? All I can say is if you are worried about how your handwriting take your time and practice..practice..practice! Now, the fishing pole was cut using the "Just Because" cartridge. It may not be layered right, but hey it looked good to me :o) I added a google eye to the fish and because it look so real I was tempted to write "don't eat me", but I didn't.

I hope you like my card for today, thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails