Note to self (I have to stop forgetting to take a photo of my projects before I give them away). Sorry about the picture! My wonderful sister-in-law took it for me after I had already given the frames to my nephews with her iPhone. Thanks Jennifer!
Okay now to the frames. I found them at Dollar General in their small craft area. I first painted the frames with black acrylic paint from Folk Art. Then after drying I painted the front with Folk Art Crackle Medium. Then after it dried completely (that is a must and best if you let it dry on it's own) I painted them with red acrylic paint from Folk Art and waited for the magic to happen. I know it is hard to tell from the photo, but it is a really cool effect! I then cut the Disney, 2011 and the Mickey using Mickey and Friend and Mickey Font Cricut cartridges. Before adhering them down. I covered them with Mod Podge so that they would last longer and withstand the elements.
Thanks for stopping by and just to give you a heads up my next post's photo will not be all that great either. :o( Oh, well you learn...right!